In the 1776 Battle of Fort Washington in NYC, Captain Molly (Margaret Corbin) replaced her husband after he was killed. Subsequently, she became the first American woman to receive a pension for military service. To honor her, DAR got her remains moved in 1926 to a grave at West Point. Unfortunately, the remains are not hers. Rededication ceremony to be held in May 2018.
RIP Captain Mollyby Alain on December 6, 2017
For exclusive media, daily podcasts, live TAM Chat & moreJoin the Tammy Army
Follow me on Facebook:
Donations are always welcome from subscribers and non-subscribers.
- Headline Fails: BBC, ‘Irish Times’ Display Their Anti-Israel Bias on
- Weekend Update 8-12-18 on
- CNN’s Acosta Is Accused of ‘Performance Journalism.’ Pic Backfires ‘Bigly’ on
- Melania Trump’s Parents Become U.S. Citizens. Libs Have Meltdown on
- Report That Makes You Go Yay! Trump Plans Rollback of Incandescent Light Bulb Ban on