This really astounds me. And who cares? According to a press release from the Labor Department, Bloom Energy brought the workers in from Mexico to refurbish power generators alongside U.S. workers. Federal investigators found that the workers were paid in Mexican pesos the equivalent of $2.66 per hour. The FLSA requires that covered, nonexempt employees be paid at least the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour for all hours worked. California minimum wage is $8 per hour.
Sunnyvale Green Energy Firm Fined For Underpaying Workers From Mexicoby tamcat on February 8, 2013
For exclusive media, daily podcasts, live TAM Chat & moreJoin the Tammy Army
Follow me on Facebook:
Sign InInstructions for retrieving your password will be sent to your email address.
Donations are always welcome from subscribers and non-subscribers.
- Squirrel on “Angry Black Woman” Smacks Down Student Supporters of “Palestine”
- Vintageport on College Professors *Shocked* How Obamacare Hurts Them
- Maynard on “Angry Black Woman” Smacks Down Student Supporters of “Palestine”
- Alain41 on Tammy Bruce Show 8-1-14
- The Prince of Heft on Tammy Bruce Show 7-30-14