This really astounds me. And who cares? According to a press release from the Labor Department, Bloom Energy brought the workers in from Mexico to refurbish power generators alongside U.S. workers. Federal investigators found that the workers were paid in Mexican pesos the equivalent of $2.66 per hour. The FLSA requires that covered, nonexempt employees be paid at least the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour for all hours worked. California minimum wage is $8 per hour.
Sunnyvale Green Energy Firm Fined For Underpaying Workers From Mexicoby tamcat on February 8, 2013
For exclusive media, daily podcasts, live TAM Chat & moreJoin the Tammy Army
Follow me on Facebook:
Sign InInstructions for retrieving your password will be sent to your email address.
Donations are always welcome from subscribers and non-subscribers.
- Alain41 on Valerie Jarrett Solicits Questions for the DB’s sit-down next week with WebMd
- MACVEL on Tammy Bruce: Why Conservatism is RIght for Women – CPAC 2014
- Alain41 on The Senate rejection of Debo Adegbil means…What?
- Alain41 on Tammy Bruce moderates CPAC 2014 panel
- sweetexp on Public Podcast: Tammy Dispatch From CPAC 3-7-14