Mina, a military working dog, served in total nine tours of duty. Sgt. Corey McCourt was Mina’s handler for three tours of duty. When Mina was honorably discharged from the army he went to live out his retirement with McCourt’s family. Mina passed away recently and Mrs. June Etlinger, Corey's mom, thought it was only fitting that he receive a soldier’s burial. However, when she made the request to Great Lakes National Cemetery in Holly, Michigan she was told that canine burials were not permitted. This is a follow-up to the story. A burial with military service will take place at the War Dog Memorial Cemetery in South Lyon, Michigan, when Corey returns home this spring.
U.S. Army dog to get military burialby Chuck on February 3, 2013
For exclusive media, daily podcasts, live TAM Chat & moreJoin the Tammy Army
Follow me on Facebook:
Sign InInstructions for retrieving your password will be sent to your email address.
Donations are always welcome from subscribers and non-subscribers.
- jnnoma8 on WaPo Sinks To New Low, Links Sarah Palin to Waco Biker Shooting
- Vintageport on Hawaii Solar Plan
- Pat_S on Amb. Samantha Power To Barnard Graduates: Afghanistan Is Superior To U.S.
- mdannyg on Obama Regime’s New Target: Movie Theater Popcorn
- RedeemtheTime on Chelsea Clinton Writes Children’s Book About Epidemics and ‘Climate Change’