Earlier this week, Hillary reminisced about her mother while speaking to a crowd in N.H.
She recalled Mom’s “grilled cheese and tomato soup sandwiches” (not sure what a grilled cheese tomato soup sandwich is, but…whatever) and how she always basked in the love and caring of her Mom.
So, why does she want to dump all the little kiddies into preschool?
Can’t they also get their grilled cheese tomato soup sammies?
Via CNS News:
“Only 55 percent of all of America’s 3- and 4-year-olds are enrolled in preschool,” Hillary Clinton said on Monday, after telling a crowd in New Hampshire how much she valued her own childhood at home with her mother.
“I just knew she was my mom,” Clinton said of the late Dorothy Rodham. “And she was great and she was fun and she taught me so much. And she made grilled cheese and tomato soup sandwiches. I mean, there was just a wonderful sense of being loved and taken care of, but also being inspired.”
….But a few minutes later, Clinton said even children as young as three should be enrolled in some kind of pre-school or child-care program….
She noted that China is making a “huge commitment” to early childhood education because of “brain research.”
“I believe the time has come to make pre-school and quality child care available to every child in America. If our families are going to be strong and our economy is going to thrive, all our kids need the chance to get off to the best possible start,” Clinton said….
“And we also need to invest in child care, because if you only start at four, the brain research shows that 80 percent of your brain has developed by the age of three. Now the good news is that leaves 20 percent to keep working on.
“But it is a fact that, by three, many of our kids have already had most of the brain development that they’re going to get. And in this campaign, I’ll offer a comprehensive agenda to ensure that every child in America has access to quality, affordable child care….
She promised to double funding for Early Head Start and the Early Head Start Child Care program….
Cato Institute: It’s Time to Stop Head Start