The “Diaspora Coalition” students at Sarah Lawrence College are also demanding, among a laundry list of freebies: unlimited access to therapy sessions.
Well, access to fabric softener and unlimited therapy sessions are basic human rights!
They are also demanding the college fire a professor,. Sam Abrams, for his “sin” of calling for ideological diversity in a NYT Op-Ed column.
A group of students at Sarah Lawrence College released a set of demands Monday, including free housing and food for students, to amend for alleged “injustices imposed on people of color.”
Members of the “Diaspora Coalition” presented the list of demands to President Cristle Collins Judd during a two-day sit-in at her office and accused the college of being an unsafe place for minority students and failing to properly commit to social justice….
The 9-page list of demands includes the following:
- Free winter housing with a “communal kitchen” containing
“dry goods from the food pantry”
- Free laundry detergent and fabric softener for all students
Special housing for students of color
- Allow students to share meal swipes because “It is
unacceptable that there are students with leftover swipes at
the end of the semester when other students are going hungry
because they run out of meal options.”
- A mandatory first-year orientation session about
- On-campus jobs prioritize the hiring of international
- Prevent students of color from being educated about history
by “racist white professors”
- Reject funding from the Charles Koch Foundation and review
the tenure of “racist” professor Sam Abrams
- All students have unlimited access to therapy sessions
- Permanent funding for minority student unions that is not
paid for by the student body….